Wednesday 26 March 2014

Campus Session Hendon Tues 25th March 2014

Hi All

This was a very useful session, particularly as I was reconnecting face to face with people after some family illness issues and other considerations.

I would particularly like to thank Paula for giving me some more intensive one to one time at the end of the session, brainstorming ideas around the question and how to closely define what that question for the professional inquiry will be. In addition the fact that determining several different lines of inquiry before picking one in particular, can in itself be used as evidence of learning.

Alan made an interesting contribution that struck with me within the session and made me think, when we were discussing gaining knowledge, as a concept.

Do we gain knowledge by, for instance, reading and taking in someone else`s perspective on a given topic and perhaps recounting it to ourselves or is knowledge something unique to each of us gained by individual unique experience in whatever sphere of interest, that may mean our understanding is enhanced on something for the first time. I hope what I have just written makes some sense and that I haven't taken Alan`s comments slightly out of  context of the point he was making.

I enjoyed a blog link on working with special needs students I have just read http://teachinglearnerswithmultipleneeds.blogspot.com/    

Hopefully I will be able to overcome my technological limitations and post more regularly now.

Russ

1 comment:

  1. Great Russ - how is it going? Your work links theatre - learning - and how theatre can bring people together - Can you explain some more of what you are planning- and the preparation, ethical content and tools that you think make sense for your inquiry plan?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.